For more than 30 years, Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU) has provided students with the skills they need for the careers they want. We offer a range of degree, diploma, certificate, and citation programs with opportunities for hands-on experience and experiential learning. Why stop at theory when you can also harness the power of experience? Launch your career and make a positive impact on your community with experiential learning at KPU: where thought meets action.
Established by the government of British Columbia in 1981, Kwantlen, now Kwantlen Polytechnic University, has four campuses located in the Metro Vancouver region of British Columbia. KPU offers bachelor’s degrees, associate degrees, diplomas, certificates and citations in more than 120 programs. Almost 20,000 students annually attend courses at KPU campuses in Surrey, Richmond, Langley and Cloverdale.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University currently offers a range of credentials, many of which are completely unique, to successfully meet the evolving needs of regional and global employment markets. Students have the opportunity to bridge certificate and diploma credentials into bachelor’s degrees, creating the option of academic and professional enhancement of applied and technical programs.
* KPU is Canada’s only polytechnic university. We focus on hands-on skills, in addition to traditional academics.
* Your education will go beyond books, with experiential learning opportunities like group projects, presentations, guest speakers, and more
* Many of our programs include work experience terms, practicums, or cooperative education options
* International learning opportunities all over the world through field schools, exchanges, study abroad opportunities, and more
* We work closely with industry partners and organizations to ensure our graduates are well prepared to enter the workforce
* Our classes have a maximum of 35 students. Many of our classes are even smaller than that!
* Student-centered learning environment that brings together students, instructors, guest lecturers, and industry experts
* Our faculty have extensive real-world experience in their field, and a passion for a teaching
* Over 1,400 faculty and staff members
* 70+ researchers working on active sponsored research projects